Work with us
Do you love working with children? Do you have a background or interest in the creative arts? If so we would love to hear from you! We are currently expanding our services are are looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated people to join us on our journey. We are particularly interested in hearing from people based in the Bishops Stortford, Stevenage and Baldock areas (see below). Contact
- Are you a creative person with a love for all things arty?
- Would you enjoy playing a key role in developing children’s artistic abilities?
- Do you like to have fun whilst also being paid?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above then you could be just the person to join our team!
We are looking for Club Leaders to run our hugely popular After School Art Clubs at primary schools in the following areas from September:
- Bishops Stortford
The ideal candidates will have experience of working with children as well as some experience in the creative arts. They will be highly motivated and reliable with an ability to inspire and engage children in a range of artistic projects. They will be happy working independently and will take pride in consistently delivering first class art sessions.
- Arrive before start of session with plenty of time to set up
- Set up teaching area so that children have access to materials and space to work
- Collect children from their classes (if required)
- Make children aware of expectations regarding behaviour and attitude at the start of each session
- Explain learning objective and clearly model steps required to achieve a positive result.
- Follow planning provided
- Use a positive behaviour management model (encouragement and praise)
- Manage time carefully so that children know how much time they have remaining
- Ensure all children go home with appropriate adult (named on register)
- Clean up working area, pack away materials and resources and ensure all furniture is returned to its original place (if required)
- Opportunity to select the days you work to fit in with your other commitments
- On-going support and training
- Small group sizes (max. 12 children)
Primary Schools in areas listed above (details on application)
Art Explorers is a growing business providing art after-school clubs to primary schools in East Herts. Our sessions aim to engage children in creative exploration through a wide variety of topics including painting, clay, drawing, printmaking and collage. Our goal is to provide a positive environment in which children can develop confidence and self-expression through making art.
NB This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders that have been made against them. The offer of the Session Leader position is dependent on a clear check from the Disclosure and Barring Service DBS (CRB) and at least 2 satisfactory written references.